Release Rates: Release rates vary depending upon crop, infestation and season of the year.
- For prevention, use 1 parasite for 10 sq. ft.
- For low infestations (less than 1 adult whitefly per 50-100 plants) release 1 parasite per 1 sq. ft. weekly for a minimum of 5 weeks.
- For high infestations, use 5 parasites per 1 sq. ft. for a minimum of 5 weeks.
Application Tips: Make sure that the cards are suspended below plant tops. Cards can be put on stakes or hung from the edge of a pot. Place as close to whitefly populations as possible. Do not forget to pull the back flap down to release the Eretmocerus.
- Do not touch the eggs or pupae.
- Do not hang them in direct sunlight.
Wasps begin hatching within 1-2 days. Leave the cards in place for at least 10 days to allow all eggs to hatch. Approximately one week after introduction you can look for parasitized whitefly pupae which are easily distinguished from non-parasitized pupae.
Environment: Aquaponics, Crops, Greenhouse, Grow Room, HoopHouses, Hydroponics, Nursery, Orchards & Vineyards, Shadehouse, Vegetable Gardens
Storage: Use immediately upon delivery for best results. Store at 40°F for no more than one night. Release the following morning.
Viability Note: If you plan to check for viability, please do so upon receipt and prior to releasing the beneficial insects. Many predators and parasites are small and can be difficult to spot once released.